Our Code of Ethics
Respect for and promotion of human rights.
Integrity in our actions.
Responsibility for our decisions and their consequences.
ALBA is committed to:
- Acting honestly, truthfully and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings;
- Avoiding conflicts of interest and appropriately handling any actual or apparent conflicts of interests that may arise;
- Treating every individual with dignity and respect;
- Respecting diversity and providing a harassment-free experience for employees and everyone who engages with our activities;
- Appropriately handling any actual or apparent cases of harassment that may arise;
- Providing conditions of employment that safeguard our employees’ rights and welfare and procedures for resolving any grievances that may arise;
- Being a good corporate citizen and complying with the law;
- Acting responsibly toward the communities in which we work and for the benefit of the communities that we serve;
- Being responsible, transparent and accountable for all of our actions; and
- Contributing to the accountability, transparency, ethical conduct and effectiveness of the nonprofit field.
Conflict of Interest Policy
ALBA recognizes that its Board of Governors and employees have broad interests and participate in many community, charitable and business activities. While this is what makes them valuable to ALBA, it is possible that it may give rise to a conflict of interest with a Board member’s or employee’s professional or personal interests.
ALBA understands that the potential for conflict of interest needs to be recognized and disclosed, and appropriate steps taken to prevent influence or favoritism by any Board member or employee. To that end, Board members complete a conflict of interest disclosure statement on appointment and annually. A conflict of interest disclosure statement is completed by employees annually. Should any conflict of interest situation arise, it will be reported to and handled by ALBA’s Ethics Committee.
ALBA Ethics Committee
The members of ALBA’s Ethics Committee and their contact details are listed at Click Here